You are here
Frommer's Easyguide to Paris (Paperback)
Paris leads the world's other cities in art and cuisine, in architecture and history, in music and sculpture, in philosophy and political ferment, in nearly every other area on interest to the visitor. It has to be seen and experienced, and done so in a thoughtful manner. Understanding the city's story and culture will add immeasurably to a trip to the "City of Light".
Written by longtime Paris resident, Anna E. Brooke, and fully re-researched post-pandemic lockdowns, Frommer's EasyGuide to Paris is a portable tribute to the city and a roadmap to creating a hassle-free trip of a lifetime. From the world-famous panorama of the Champs-Elys e to the hip and bustling streetlife around the Bastille, from how to beat crowds at the Louvre to the ideal way to experience the Eiffel Tower, the book is packed with solid tips, illuminates the zeitgeist of the city today, and includes:
- 16 pages of color photos, plus dozens of more photos throughout
- Insider lists of the city's highlights
- Local knowledge on the best places to eat and how to avoid tourist traps
- Detailed maps marked with attractions, hotels, restaurants, and M tro stops
- Exact pricing for hotels, restaurants, attractions, tours - plus invaluable advice about what you'll need to reserve in advance
- Full-color Paris M tro map
- Fun, self-guided walking tours spanning the city, with maps
- A chapter of useful phrases including a pronunciation guide
- Fascinating and easy-to-read background on the culture, history and art of the City of Light
- Picks in all price categories, so you can splurge or be frugal, using the Frommer's star rating system
- Full section on suggested side-trips to Giverny, Versailles, Disneyland Paris, and more
- PLUS A handy pull-out, indexed map of Paris
About Frommer's: There's a reason that Frommer's has been the most trusted name in travel for more than 60 years. Arthur Frommer created the bestselling guide series in 1957 to help American service members fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe. Since then, we have published thousands of titles, becoming a household name by helping millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer's.
About the Author
Anna E. Brooke relocated from her native Britain to Paris in 2000 and hasn't looked back since. She is now a full-fledged bohemian, juggling life between freelance travel writing (Frommer's, Sunday New York Times Travel, Time Out Paris and the Financial Times), songwriting, and authoring children's books. She has written seven guides for Frommer's and is the Paris expert for the UK's best selling Sunday Times Travel.