You are hereBack to top
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Fly Fishing: Tips, Lessons, and Techniques for Tying Knots, Reading the Water, Casting, and Catching More Fish—50 Proven Tactics from an Expert (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Improve your angling skills with this comprehensive guide for beginners and experts alike
A licensed guide in the UK, John Symonds fishes with anglers of all talent levels, from rank beginners to experienced old-timers. He has seen the common mistakes that many fly fishers make and, over the years, has developed lessons that help anglers overcome their mistakes and really improve their fly-fishing prowess. In this book, Symonds teaches:
- Basic skills, from stringing your fly rod to tying on backing, fly line, leader, and tippet
- How to make casts for a variety of stream and lake conditions
- How to figure out what fish are feeding on, and then picking the proper imitation
- How to determine where fish are in lake or river
- Tips on using dry flies, nymphs, streamers, and caddis imitations
- And much, much more!
Symonds learned to fly fish through trial and error. As he did, he came to realize that finding good, basic information was difficult to come by. He fills that niche with this helpful little guidebook that is guaranteed to elevate your level of fishing.
About the Author
John Symonds regularly fishes for salmon, trout, and grayling in his home waters near Wales and also fishes the rivers of Scotland, Ireland, Eastern Europe, and Alaska. A certified casting instructor and guide, he is qualified to Advanced Professional Game Angling Instructors (APGAI) single- and double-handed levels, and is an International Federation of Fly Fishers (FFF) Two-handed Casting Instructor (THCI). He lives in the United Kingdom.