You are here
Devlin's Boat Building Manual: How to Build Your Boat the Stitch-And-Glue Way, Second Edition (Paperback)
Not Available Until Publication Date
The quick and cost-effective way to build the boat of your dreams
For nearly 30 years, Devlin's Boatbuilding Manual has been walking backyard boat builders like you through the process of creating a beautiful, seaworthy vessel with your own hands. This popular guide focuses on the stitch-and-glue process--a simpler, cheaper method than plank-on-frame and cold-molded construction--that produces the same stunning results.
Now, master boat builder Sam Devlin has updated his classic work with critical insights, information, and refinements he has learned over the decades, including:
- Step-by-step look at the process from start to finish
- Tested new ideas to streamline the building process
- New insights on stitch-and-glue building from the amateur's perspective
- Additional materials and tools for expanding your building/finishing options
- Fresh ideas for constructing cabins and pilothouses
- More in-depth coverage of maintenance and repair
- Expanded appendix showing the range of stitch-and-glue boats
About the Author
Sam Devlin has been in love with boats since childhood. The boat building operation he started with his wife on a shoestring in 1977 has flourished, and Devlin Designing Boat Builders each year rolls out between 20 and 40 stitch-and-glue boats of various sizes from its shop on the shores of Puget Sound.